Calling all student musicians! The Bandology Play a Gig Challenge provides student musicians with performance opportunities in the community
What’s the challenge? To put yourself out there, to collaborate with your fellow student musicians, to become a student-led ensemble with nary a teacher in sight. To share your love of music and to remind your audience about the power of music to connect us all. To gain a new skill and get some personal performance experience – great for jobs, post-secondary and scholarship applications. To become a more well-rounded person and engage with the greater community outside of school. And – it’s fun!
We welcome soloist, duets, trios, quartets, quintets – you get the picture – and can be any combination of instrumental, vocal, strings, jazz, pop, rock, etc. We arrange the venue and can provide letters for volunteer hours upon request. New events will be listed as they come up, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back frequently.
- Fundraising event for Sleeping Children Around the World, Grace Lutheran Church, Oakville, June 2018
- Breaking Bread: Food Trucks and Friends, St. George’s Anglican Church, Burlington, June 2018
- Film.ca Theatres, Oakville, June 2018
- Culture Days, QE Park CCC, Oakville, September 2018
- Usually you will play indoors providing live music for the general public, although for many summer events you may be playing outside.
- Please arrive 10 minutes in advance of your performance time.
- Generally, there is no power available, so no amps/microphones/speakers unless we’ve discussed it first.
- Chairs will be provided (and sometimes music stands).
- All you need is to bring your instrument, music and your best self!
We can’t wait to meet you and to hear you! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-469-6278.