BAND CAMP ONLINE IS BACK!
Last year’s pivot to Band Camp Online was such a success, we’re going to do it again this year!
Band Camp Online features a week of games, masterclasses and a whole lot of fun. Since we can’t make music together in a traditional band format, this is your chance to gather with your fellow musicians for a week of online learning, including music games and activities, sectionals and masterclasses, special workshops about composition, percussion and other musical inspirations, all topped off with the classic dance party!
In creating an online camp, we strove to make it not only a place for campers to learn more about music and sharpen their musical skills and knowledge over the summer, but a place to be social again. During this challenging time, we understand the healing power of music and the importance of staying connected. Band Camp Online runs the week of July 26-30, 2021.
Band Camp Online takes place July 26-30, 2021 and runs from 10am-3pm (with a one-hour lunch break). The camp fee includes five days of online musical fun, a band camp T-shirt, camp photos and new friends to virtually hang out with this summer.
The cost for Band Camp Online is $100, with special rate of $50 for siblings.
Moms and dads – yes, this is more screen time (!), but at least they’re learning…and connecting with others, which is so great for good mental health.
Lots of Cool Activities:
- Hands-on activities and games that get you up and moving!
- Sectionals and master classes
- Small groups projects that consider individual needs and abilities
- Activities led by Bandology staff with their own musical specialties and expertise
- End of the week talent show
- Activities of benefit to those of varying skill levels that will help everyone improve
- Lots of opportunities to engage, participate and collaborate with other campers!
What to Expect:
- No instrument, no problem – we will work with what you have at home to boost your musicianship. Band instruments, guitar, piano, vocals, pot lids and wooden spoons – we can work with whatever you’ve got handy
- Utilize household materials for crafts and activities
- 5-10 minute breaks between activities
- During the lunch break (noon-1pm), we’ll leave the Zoom room open for people to hang out and chat
Rave reviews from Band Camp Online in 2020:
- 85% of campers said that camp was an amazing experience and parents agreed
- 66% of parents want to send their kids next year
- 85.7% of campers can’t wait to come back next year!
- Campers rated the experience of camp online as either great or amazing!
What To Know Tech-wise:
- Facilitated through Zoom and we recommend that campers download it ahead of time to their computer, tablet or phone
- Make new friends and connect online using the chat room
- There’ll be a tech support number to assist any campers having difficulty and ensure a fun experience
Bandology is the proud recipient of Canada Summer Jobs grants in 2020, 2019 and 2018.