Welcome to Bandology Band Camp 2021!
We are delighted to be conducting in-person camp this summer. It’s been such a tough year and everyone is in need of a little social interaction and musical fun! While we aren’t doing any blowing wind instruments or singing, we have created a bunch of fun music workshops, activities and games all geared towards increasing your musical knowledge and having tons of fun!
For your first day:
- Camp takes place at King’s Christian Collegiate, 528 Burnhamthorpe West, just west of Neyagawa, in north Oakville
- The music room is the very first part of the building you see as you enter the parking lot. Look for our signs and balloons and we will be watching for you too. If you arrive at the main entrance, you’ve gone too far.
- You’ll find us set up under the overhang right in front of the music room
- Link to Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/k12q7GogbaCCMFaN6
- Before and after care is available – please contact us before the first day of camp if required
Drop off and pick up:
- Camp starts at 9 a.m. You are welcome to arrive a few minutes early to sign in, chat with camp staff and get settled for the week. Please do maintain appropriate physical distancing from other families.
- Pick up for Band Camp Junior is at 4 p.m. sharp and we ask that you please come check in with us and we’ll deliver your child to you.
- Please be prompt, as we have different pick-up times for each camp to reduce congestion.
- Pick up for Band Camp V for teens is at 4:30 p.m. If you have chosen to allow your child to leave on their own, they can make their way to the parking lot without you having to get out of the car. Otherwise, please come check in with us and we will get your child.
- For siblings who are in both camps, your pick up slot is 4:15 p.m.
What to bring:
- Bring a nut-free lunch, snacks and a refillable water bottle. We do have a few campers and staff with nut allergies, so please be extra careful with what you pack.
- Unfortunately, we don’t have access to a fridge or microwave.
- If the weather is nice, we may have lunch outside. Please bring a towel to sit on, and to use for potential water activities.
- While we will be providing special Bandology masks for everyone, please bring a couple of extra masks to wear indoors so they can be changed as needed during the day.
- We will spend much of the day outside (except for rain or extreme heat), so we bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Because we will often be in a cordoned off section of the parking lot, we recommend running shoes instead of sandals or flip flops.
- We will have hand sanitizer, but you are welcome to bring your own. There’s also soap and water in the washrooms.
Safety at camp:
- We are dedicated to the safety of our campers and staff
- Everyone – campers, mentors and staff – completes a COVID-19 screening before every day of camp. Please use this government screening tool – covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening – and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before arrival at camp each day. We must have received your email before your child can enter the building.
- Campers stay within their cohort and are supervised by music mentors and staff
- Masks are required when inside. Masks are not required when outdoors.
- Physical distancing of 2m should be maintained at all times
- All staff and mentors have received at least one vaccination and most have been double vaccinated
- We will be doing a blitz cleaning after every activity and a thorough cleaning at the end of the day. The King’s staff will also be cleaning and disinfecting each evening
Our camp schedule:
- Each day has four blocks for workshops and activities, with a break between each one for snacks/bathroom/washing hands/cleaning
- Each day ends with a dance party – everyone’s fav!
- Friday will feature a play day in the morning and a final concert in the afternoon – family and friends are welcome to attend!
- We will be outside as much as possible, only going inside for the really loud drumming activities (don’t want to annoy the neighbours!) and in case of rain or extreme heat
There are still a few spots left for both camps, so tell your friends and family to sign up – the more the merrier at camp!
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call 905-469-6278.