Bandology is a proud Canadian non-profit dedicated to supporting more music for more kids via education, collaboration and community. We are looking to hire someone in the role of Social Media and Community Engagement Coordinator to work collaboratively with the Bandology team to develop and implement social media strategies to grow our exposure and engagement with the greater music community.
About the Job:
- Responsible for social media planning and activities
- Research, develop and implement a social media strategy and tactics, identifying specific goals and measurable objectives
- Foster engagement and interest with our followers across all platforms
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff to create posts, surveys and stories
- Develop a content calendar
- Create processes and procedures for social media and create how-to guides for future reference
- Research, recommend and place advertising on social media and website to promote our programs and services
- Review, recommend and update the website as needed
- Create, write and distribute monthly enewsletters and occasional targeted e-blasts
- Collaborate with fellow staff to develop brochures, flyers and reports highlighting Bandology programs and services
- Create a set of procedures, policies and timelines for ongoing social media activities to be implemented in the future
- Create special posts before, during and after band camp to highlight activities, achievements and campers
- Participate in Band Camp (July 12-16, either in-person or online), ensure that all campers have a fun and fulfilling experience and gather material (photos, stories, interviews) for future social media use
- Enrolled or graduated from a post-secondary program specializing in social media, digital marketing, journalism, marketing, public relations or similar
- 2-5 years direct experience working in social media and digital marketing, either paid or volunteer (not just as a user)
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, and ability to follow a style guide
- Experienced in using all features in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, LinkedIn and other similar apps
- Experience creating videos for social media
- Experience with graphic design software such as Canva, InDesign, etc.; enewsletter software such as Mail Chimp; and website software such as WordPress and related plug-ins
- Experience with Google Analytics and with Google Ads campaigns
- Access to your own computer with reliable internet connection, as files and meetings take place online
- Experience with Google suite of programs, social media and public speaking
- A wide base of transferable skills including organization, time management, self regulation, collaboration and leadership
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Creativity – new ideas are welcomed at Bandology!
- A background in instrumental music, whether from music class, piano lessons or personal interest would be useful
- A passion for music and a belief in the long-term value of music education would useful
- Camp experience, either as a camper or counsellor, would be useful
Bandology is dedicated to providing quality job experiences that allow young people the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills in a safe and welcoming space, as well as the chance to pursue different aspects and applications of their passion for music and music education.
- In addition to working with the staff team, staff may work closely with Board members from diverse backgrounds with varied experience who provide mentorship
- Remote work utilizing a central Google drive for files and regular Zoom meetings. When able, we host an in-person meeting each week in Oakville, outdoors and physically distanced.
- An extensive on-boarding program during the first week to learn about the organization, processes and procedures, and our culture.
- A flexible work environment where you can set your own hours
- All staff work together collaboratively during Band Camp week, July 12-16, and are expected to attend in person or online for the full week
Bandology is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive non-discriminatory work environment that respects the rights of all Canadians. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone.
With funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program, this position runs for 23 weeks from May 3 to October 8 for 35 hours per week at a rate of $14.25/hour. Bandology reimburses staff for any approved expenses or mileage. The Canada Summer Jobs program requires that all successful applicants are between the ages of 15-30.
Send your detailed resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter (in ONE single PDF) that answers these three questions:
- Music is important to me because…
- I believe that the long-term value of music education is…
- A special talent that I bring to Bandology is…
Back to Jobs at Bandology