Bandology is a proud Canadian non-profit dedicated to supporting more music for more kids via education, collaboration and community. We are looking to hire someone in the role of Music and Performance Coordinator to work collaboratively with the Bandology team to promote and provide music performances and educational content for both online and in-person gigs.
About the Job:
- Responsible for planning music activities and events and the daily administration management of the Play A Gig program
- Implement music performance strategies and tactics, identifying specific goals and measurable objectives
- Implement program controls, processes, procedures and reporting
- Implement Play A Gig plans including livestream interview series, virtual performance series, musician showcase concerts, collaborative video series, festivals, restaurant/bar events, indoor/outdoor community events
- Utilize resources and stakeholders to ensure projects are successful
- Assist in coordinating the projects, deliverables and their interdependencies
- Report on procedures, policies and timelines for ongoing events and performances to be implemented in the future
- Collaborate with fellow staff on social postings, videos, interviews and advertising
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff to organize larger scale events
- Act as support for Band Camp (July 12-16, either in-person or online) and ensure that all campers have a fun and fulfilling experience
- Work with fellow staff to facilitate camp activities and happy campers
- Enrolled or graduated from a post-secondary program specializing in music performance, music education, event management, marketing or similar
- 2-5 years direct experience working in music and event management, either paid or volunteer
- Experience using social media tools to run events and interviews online, both live and prerecorded
- Excellent writing, research and interviewing skills
- Experience creating and editing videos
- Comfortable with public speaking, both in person and online
- Access to your own computer with reliable internet connection, as files and meetings take place online
- Experience with Google suite of programs, social media and public speaking
- A wide base of transferable skills including organization, time management, self regulation, collaboration and leadership
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Creativity – new ideas are welcomed at Bandology!
- A background in instrumental music, whether from music class, piano lessons or personal interest
- A passion for music and a belief in the long-term value of music education
- Camp experience, either as a camper or counsellor, would be useful
Bandology is dedicated to providing quality job experiences that allow young people the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills in a safe and welcoming space, as well as the chance to pursue different aspects and applications of their passion for music and music education.
- In addition to working with the staff team, staff may work closely with Board members from diverse backgrounds with varied experience who provide mentorship
- Remote work utilizing a central Google drive for files and regular Zoom meetings. When able, we host in-person meeting each week in Oakville, outdoors and physically distanced.
- An extensive on-boarding program during the first week to learn about the organization, processes and procedures, and our culture.
- A flexible work environment where you can set your own hours
- All staff work together collaboratively during Band Camp week, July 12-16, and are expected to attend in person or online for the full week
Bandology is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive non-discriminatory work environment that respects the rights of all Canadians. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone..
With funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program, this position runs for 16 weeks from May 3 to August 20 for 35 hours per week at a rate of $14.25/hour. Bandology reimburses staff for any approved expenses or mileage. The Canada Summer Jobs program requires that all successful applicants are between the ages of 15-30.
Send your detailed resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter (in ONE single PDF) that answers these three questions:
- Music is important to me because…
- I believe that the long-term value of music education is…
- A special talent that I bring to Bandology is…
Back to Jobs at Bandology