Bandology is a proud Canadian non-profit dedicated to supporting more music for more kids via education, collaboration and community. We are looking to hire someone in the role of Camp Coordinator to provide the business and administrative support for live and virtual summer camps and participate in the development of new camp and workshop programming.
About the Job:
- Responsible for band camp administration and development
- Act as the lead for Band Camp Junior (July 12-16, either in-person or online) and ensure that all campers have a fun and fulfilling experience
- Research, develop and implement a camp development strategy and tactics, identifying specific goals and measurable objectives
- Develop camp curriculum for junior camp, including written documentation and activities and visual camp materials and content
- Develop the appropriate resources needed to engage campers in a fun and educational band camp program experience
- Develop a set of procedures for running camp, including timelines, documents and general information
- Coordinator, schedule and support the camp music director, sectional instructors, guests and music mentors for both camps
- Collaborate with fellow staff to respond to and connect with campers and parents
- Create and implement a series of surveys to measure camp outcomes with all audiences
- Enrolled or graduated from a post-secondary program specializing in education or music education or similar
- 2-5 years direct experience working in education, either paid or volunteer as part of a co-op placement
- Certification with the Ontario College of Teachers or equivalent would be highly preferred
- Ability to play one or more instruments typically found in a music classroom
- Excellent writing, research and interviewing skills
- Comfortable with public speaking, both in person and online
- Access to your own computer with reliable internet connection, as files and meetings take place online
- Experience with Google suite of programs, social media and public speaking
- A wide base of transferable skills including organization, time management, self regulation, collaboration and leadership
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Creativity – new ideas are welcomed at Bandology!
- A background in instrumental music, whether from music class, piano lessons or personal interest
- A passion for music and a belief in the long-term value of music education
- Camp experience, either as a camper or counsellor, would be useful
Bandology is dedicated to providing quality job experiences that allow young people the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills in a safe and welcoming space, as well as the chance to pursue different aspects and applications of their passion for music and music education.
- In addition to working with the staff team, staff may work closely with Board members from diverse backgrounds with varied experience who provide mentorship
- Remote work utilizing a central Google drive for files and regular Zoom meetings. When able, we host an in-person meeting each week in Oakville, outdoors and physically distanced.
- An extensive on-boarding program during the first week to learn about the organization, processes and procedures, and our culture.
- A flexible work environment where you can set your own hours
- All staff work together collaboratively during Band Camp week, July 12-16, and are expected to attend in person or online for the full week
Bandology is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive non-discriminatory work environment that respects the rights of all Canadians. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone.
With funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program, this position runs for 12 weeks from May 10 to July 30 for 35 hours per week at a rate of $14.25/hour. Bandology reimburses staff for any approved expenses or mileage. The Canada Summer Jobs program requires that all successful applicants are between the ages of 15-30.
Send your detailed resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter (in ONE single PDF) that answers these three questions:
- Music is important to me because…
- I believe that the long-term value of music education is…
- A special talent that I bring to Bandology is…
Back to Jobs at Bandology