Bandology is a proud Canadian non-profit dedicated to supporting more music for more kids via education, collaboration and community. We are looking to hire someone in the role of Business Marketing Coordinator to work collaboratively with the Bandology team to develop business marketing strategies that support operational sustainability and program growth.
About the Job:
- Responsible for business and marketing strategy
- Investigate marketing opportunities to promote individual programs as well as the organization as a whole, develop strategies and tactics, and manage the process
- Expand our outreach of electronic newsletters while organizing a timeline for ongoing communications to be implemented both short- and long-term
- Research and identify strategies to fully engage target organizations in our database
- Build on an existing database of school boards, music organizations, and musicians
- Build on an existing database of research on the long-term value of music education, and develop methods to share it publicly including via social media, explainer videos and interviews
- Explore and build a database of organizations, connections and opportunities for teachers to increase their program departmental funds and advocacy programs
- Identify and prepare for key speaking opportunities for the Executive Director and PresidentParticipate in Band Camp (July 12-16, either in-person or online) and ensure that all campers have a fun and fulfilling experience
- Enrolled or graduated from a post-secondary program specializing in business, management, marketing, music, education or similar
- 2-5 years direct experience working in business development and administration, preferably for a non-profit, either paid or volunteer
- Excellent writing, research and interviewing skills
- Comfortable with public speaking, both in person and online
- Access to your own computer with reliable internet connection, as files and meetings take place online
- Experience with Google suite of programs, social media and public speaking
- A wide base of transferable skills including organization, time management, self regulation, collaboration and leadership
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team
- Creativity – new ideas are welcomed at Bandology!
- A background in instrumental music, whether from music class, piano lessons or personal interest
- A passion for music and a belief in the long-term value of music education
- Camp experience, either as a camper or counsellor, would be useful
Bandology is dedicated to providing quality job experiences that allow young people the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills in a safe and welcoming space, as well as the chance to pursue different aspects and applications of their passion for music and music education.
- In addition to working with the staff team, staff may work closely with Board members from diverse backgrounds with varied experience who provide mentorship
- Remote work utilizing a central Google drive for files and regular Zoom meetings. When able, we host an in-person meeting each week in Oakville, outdoors and physically distanced.
- An extensive on-boarding program during the first week to learn about the organization, processes and procedures, and our culture.
- A flexible work environment where you can set your own hours
- All staff work together collaboratively during Band Camp week, July 12-16, and are expected to attend in person or online for the full week
Bandology is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive non-discriminatory work environment that respects the rights of all Canadians. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone.
With funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program, this position runs for 23 weeks from May 3 to October 8 for 35 hours per week at a rate of $14.25/hour. Bandology reimburses staff for any approved expenses or mileage. The Canada Summer Jobs program requires that all successful applicants are between the ages of 15-30.
Send your detailed resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter (in ONE single PDF) that answers these three questions:
- Music is important to me because…
- I believe that the long-term value of music education is…
- A special talent that I bring to Bandology is…
Back to Jobs at Bandology