Bandology brings concert band music out of the classroom and into the hearts and mind of young musicians in a fun and inspiring way – like with Band Camp – register now!
Bandology was founded by parents to further music education, collaboration and community.
- Enrich the music experience of youth across Halton and help build transferable skills by creating programs outside of school including band camps, workshops and community band partnerships;
- Help music teachers engage their community of students and parents to build capacity in their extra curricular program by developing plans and programs for such things as concerts, festivals and competitions, band trips and fundraising events
- Connect with community music programs to help find places for young musicians to participate and thrive
- Advocate for music education and experience by sharing resources and research with community leaders and organizations
- Provide advice and resources for parents who are contemplating their children’s music education both within and outside school
The founders of Bandology are music parents who remember their time in music class fondly and have read the research studies on the benefits of music education. Music makes a difference in children’s lives, not just getting them off the couch and having fun, but also improving self-confidence and focus; learning important transferable skills such as collaboration, leadership, time management and organization; helping get into university and college and earn scholarships; get part-time and summer jobs; all leading to future careers, including as an astronaut, a judge, an Olympian, prime minster or even as a working musician.