Bandology was founded by parents to further music education, collaboration and community.
Bandology brings concert band music out of the classroom and into the hearts and mind of young musicians in a fun and inspiring way.
- Enrich the music experience of youth across Halton and help build transferable skills by creating programs outside of school including band camps, workshops and community band partnerships;
- Help music teachers engage their community of students and parents to build capacity in their extra curricular program by developing plans and programs for such things as concerts, festivals and competitions, band trips and fundraising events
- Connect with community music programs to help find places for young musicians to participate and thrive
- Advocate for music education and experience by sharing resources and research with community leaders and organizations
- Provide advice and resources for parents who are contemplating their children’s music education both within and outside school
The founders of Bandology are music parents who remember their time in music class fondly and have watched music in school make a difference in their children’s lives, from improving self-confidence and focus; learning important soft skills like collaboration and organization; helping earn scholarships and summer jobs; even leading to future careers as a working musician.